All NHS staff have access to their own local NHS Staff Support Co-ordinator to support and assist them with not only childcare needs but also for those members of staff who have other carer needs that include eldercare and those caring for someone who has a disability.
Promoting affordable, accessible, quality childcare
The Staff Support Co-ordinator is working towards providing accessible, affordable and good quality childcare support to meet identified staff needs.
They will assist you with finding the childcare to suit your needs and will also respond to local staff demand to develop new childcare services to help you in the future.
A range of services have been developed that include:
- Before and after school care
- Holiday Playschemes
- Bank of Childminders
- Secured nursery places for the children of NHS parents
- Protected Childcare Places
- Emergency and flexible childcare places
- Maternity/Paternity information
Childcare Vouchers can be used for children aged between 0 - 15 years. Vouchers can be used in nurseries, before and after school and holiday clubs as well as with childminders. Staff can save up to £1,195 per year. Contact the Staff Support Co-ordinator for more information.
The Staff Support Co-ordinator can also provide information regarding Child Tax Credit, Working Tax Credit and Nursery Education Funding for 3 and 4 year olds.
What is the role of the Staff Support Co-ordinator?
- To develop, commission and evaluate childcare provision across Worcestershire.
- To act as advocate and advisor on childcare and eldercare to all parents and carers working within the NHS including GP's and Practice Staff.
- To support staff on and returning from maternity leave.
- To promote work-life balance policies to help staff balance their work-life responsibilities
The Staff Support Co-ordinator works closely with:
- Human Resource Teams
- Local Carer Support Agencies
- Local Carer Support Groups
- Worcestershire Early Years Development and Childcare Partnerships
Children's Centre Online
A website to support parents and parents-to-be on issues such as baby blues, domestic abuse and frequently asked parenting questions. Please click the below image to find out more:
The Staff Support Co-ordinator will also assist you with support for those with eldercare responsibilities, this includes:
- Supporting staff looking after someone elderly or with a disability
- Providing information and signposting routes
- Informal carer support groups
- Worcestershire NHS Carer Handbook
- Carer Networking Opportunities
- NHS Carer Newsletter
How to contact the Staff Support Co-ordinator
For further information on childcare and extended care queries in general please contact:
Staff Support Co-ordinator
NHS Occupational Health and Wellbeing Services
The Working Well Centre
Tel: 01905 733905
Mobile: 07876 745868